Choosing and preparing curriculum can be one of the most exhausting responsibilities of a Community Group leader. It is important to choose curriculum based on the unique needs of your group while also considering the overall purpose of your group.
Community Groups are not intended to be primarily focused on knowledge, although that may happen in groups. Rather, they are intended to be a vehicle of discipleship where believers grow together in worship, community and mission.
Sermon-based discussions are a great way to dig deeper into the Scripture covered during the previous Sunday’s sermon. Sermon discussion guides are intended to help groups discover what Scripture is teaching and how it can be applied to their lives in the context of community. If you would like to focus on sermon-based discussions, feel free to use our weekly sermon-based discussion guides attached to each sermon on the Sermons page.
Life Guide Bible Studies on each book of the Bible by Intervarsity:
Basic Bible Resources for Leaders:
- Basic Bible Interpretation by Roy B. Zuck book only
- From Gospels to Glory: Exploring the New Testament by Kenneth G. Hanna book only
- Nelson’s New Illustrated Bible Commentary by Earl D. Radmacher book only
Sharing life stories can remove some relational barriers within your group and help members understand each other on a deeper level, particularly when groups launch or multiply.
One of our core values of White Rock Fellowship is mission. It encompasses all of the things you intentionally do to bring Christ to people, inside and outside of the church. Our Community Groups are expected to not only gather for study and prayer, but for serving together as well. The resources below may be helpful to study as a group for a clearer vision on how to focus on mission.
- Tangible Kingdom Primer by Matt Smay book only
- Barefoot Church Primer by Brandon Hatmaker book only
- Center Church: Doing Balanced, Gospel-Centered Ministry in Your City by Tim Keller book only
- The Art of Neighboring: Building Genuine Relationships Right Outside your Door by Tim Pathak book only
- Gospel in Life by Tim Keller on RightNow Media
RightNow Media is a database of various topical studies and Bible studies. Each study consists of a series of video lessons which your group watches together and then discusses. Each series comes with an option to purchase group materials to help you lead the study, however, you are free to simply watch the videos and write your own questions if you would like. If you do not have access to RightNow Media, please contact Jeff Fritsche to request access.
Apologetics & Theology
- Design for Discipleship Series by Navigator
- Leader’s Guide
- Your Life in Christ book only
- The Spirit-filled Follower of Jesus book only
- Walking with Christ book only
- The Character of a Follower of Jesus book only
- Foundations for Faith book only
- Growing in Discipleship book only
- Our Hope in Christ book only
- Managing Our Finances God’s Way by Crown Financial Ministries on RightNow Media
- Life, Money and Hope by Dave Ramsey on RightNow Media
- The Art of Marriage by Family Life on RightNow Media
- Staying in Love by Andy Stanley on RightNow Media
- Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas on RightNow Media or book
- Grace-based Parenting by Tim Kimmel on RightNow Media or book
- It Starts At Home by Matt Chandler on RightNow Media (based on the book by Kurt Bruner)
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp book only
- Disciplines of a Godly Man by Kent Hughes book only
- Five Things God Uses to Grow Your Faith by Andy Stanley on RightNow Media
- How People Change by Timothy Lane book only
- Spiritual Disciplines Handbook by Adele Calhoun book only
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald Whitney book only
- Winning at Work and Home by Robert Lewis (intended for men) book only
- Work Matters: Connecting Sunday Worship to Monday Work by Tommy Nelson book only
- Work as Worship by J.D. Greear on RightNow Media
- Your Work Matters to God by Doug Sherman book only